A few details…
Trained as a trial lawyer, Dean’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, primarily in the area of employment law. Dean has represented large and small clients in state and federal courts, arbitration, and administrative agencies across the country involving the transportation, construction, healthcare, real estate, legal and computer software industries, including several Fortune 600 companies. He has extensive experience in litigating and counseling companies involving commercial and residential real estate and related contract/lease disputes. Dean also has concentrated employment law training and experience involving claims under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA, the FLSA, the FDCPA, OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, numerous state equal employment opportunity and whistleblower statutes, fair credit laws, and those involving violations of non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, unemployment claims, worker’s compensation retaliation, discrimination, sex harassment, theft of trade secrets, and for breach of contract.
Dean also devotes much of his current practice to litigation, dispute resolution, and transactional aspects of construction law, including matters relating to mechanic’s liens, performance and payment bonds, breach of contract, general contractor and subcontractor disputes, and delay and acceleration claims. Dean moved his family to Fort Collins, Colorado in August 2008 from Houston, where Dean was a partner at the prestigious, national firm of Baker & Hostetler, LLP. Dean enjoys golfing, running, hunting and spending time with his family in the great outdoors.
- Colorado Bar Association 2009 - Present
- Labor & Employment Law Section 2009 – Present
- Construction Law Section 2009 – Present
- Larimer County Bar Association 2009 – Present
- Texas Bar Association 1997 - Present
- Labor and Employment Law Section 2006 – 2008
- Litigation Section 2000 – 2008
- Real Estate and Probate Section 1999 2000
- Texas Young Lawyers Association 1997 – 2002
- Houston Bar Association 2000 – 2008
- Federal Bar Association 2005 – 2009
- American Bar Association 2007 – 2009